For some of our patients, medication proves to be an effective tool in the management or treatment of their mental health disorder. Elevate Psychiatry facilitates ongoing medication management, supporting each patient in the journey towards achieving their optimal mental health. From determining the best-fit medication to establishing a precise dosage that meets your unique needs, our medication management service is just one piece of your comprehensive treatment plan.
At our South Florida psychiatry offices, our approach to medication management features a balance of the following:
- Ongoing conversations about your health needs, goals, and treatment options
- The selection of medication, based on both potential benefits and possible side effects
- A personalized plan for an ideal starting dose and medication schedule
- Patient education focusing on the specific medication, alternative options, and what to expect
- The development of a specific treatment plan that features a trial period to determine the efficacy
- Follow-up visits for ongoing monitoring
- A plan for adjusting the medication dose as needed, or tapering off the dosage if desired/needed
Sometimes, finding the appropriate medication can require ongoing efforts from both the patient and the provider. However, you can be confident that the knowledgeable team at Elevate Psychiatry will be with you every step of the way. With our extensive expertise in the best psychiatric medication options, as well as the newest treatment advancements, our licensed professionals will ensure that you receive the care you need.
DO I NEED PSYCHIATRIC MEDICATION?
At Elevate Psychiatry in Coral Gables and South Florida, we understand that many patients are hesitant to include medication in their treatment plans. Unfortunately, there is some stigma surrounding the use of medication for mental health symptoms. However, we encourage our patients to remain open to the possibility of achieving improved mental health with the support of the right medication, if needed.
Just as an individual diagnosed with diabetes would require insulin to treat their condition properly, many individuals with mental health conditions need medication to alleviate their symptoms. You certainly would not fault a person with diabetes for taking insulin, nor should you view your potential need for medication in a negative light.
Medication may be the key to improving your mental health, and the team at Elevate Psychiatry can help you feel comfortable and confident with the solutions that are right for you.